Are you a skilled and passionate Power Electronics Engineer with expertise electrical motors? Do you have a deep understanding of power electronics and are interested in the marine industry? If so, we have an exciting opportunity for you!
We are seeking a talented and experienced Power Electronics Engineer specializing in marine electrical motors to join our dynamic team. In this role, you will be responsible for designing and optimizing power electronic systems for marine propulsion applications, ensuring efficient and reliable operation of electrical motors.
1. Design, develop and test power electronic systems for marine electrical motors, including motor controllers, inverters, converters, and related components.
2. Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including mechanical engineers and naval architects, to understand project requirements and develop innovative solutions.
3. Conduct system-level simulations, modeling, and analysis to optimize the performance and efficiency of power electronic systems.
4. Select appropriate power semiconductor devices, capacitors, and other components to meet design specifications and reliability requirements.
5. Design and implement control algorithms for motor control, including field-oriented control (FOC) or similar techniques.
6. Develop and conduct tests and experiments to validate and verify the performance, reliability, and safety of power electronic systems.
7. Ensure compliance with relevant marine industry standards, regulations, and safety requirements.
8. Collaborate with suppliers and manufacturing teams to support the production and integration of power electronic systems into marine propulsion systems.
9. Stay up-to-date with the latest advancements in power electronics, motor control, and marine propulsion technologies.
10. Document design specifications, test procedures, and technical reports for internal and external stakeholders.
1. Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Power Electronics, or a related field.
2. Extensive experience in power electronics design, particularly in marine electrical motor applications.
3. Strong knowledge of power semiconductor devices, gate drivers, and their characteristics in high-power applications.
4. Proficiency in power electronics simulation and analysis tools, such as PLECS, ANSYS, MATLAB/Simulink, or similar.
5. Familiarity with motor control techniques, such as FOC, direct torque control (DTC), or vector control.
6. Understanding of electrical motor characteristics, performance parameters, and control strategies.
7. Experience in designing and developing motor control algorithms and implementing them in real-time systems.
8. Knowledge of marine electrical systems, including power distribution, protection, and electrical safety.
9. Familiarity with marine industry standards and regulations, such as ABS, DNV, or IEC standards.
10. Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to diagnose and troubleshoot complex power electronics and motor control issues.
11. Excellent communication skills to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams and present technical information.
12. Experience with hardware design, PCB layout, and thermal management in power electronic systems is a plus.
13. Previous experience in the marine industry or marine propulsion systems is highly desirable.
If you are a skilled and motivated Power Electronics Engineer with a passion for marine electrical motors, this is an exceptional opportunity to join our team and contribute to the advancement of marine propulsion systems.
How to Apply:
Please submit your resume, a cover letter highlighting your relevant experience, and any relevant project portfolio or sample work.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for further steps in the selection process. We appreciate your understanding.
At Zparq, we value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We encourage applications from individuals of all backgrounds and experiences.
Apply to firstname.lastname@example.org